Ranchers and leaders from Montana’s business communities had a great time at Big Sky last week for the 2015 T-Bone Classic. The event included a gala dinner and golf tournament, Calcutta auction and a day of great golf on the Big Sky Golf Course with great views below Lone Peak.
The event benefits Montana Stockgrowers’ Research & Education Endowment Foundation and provides an opportunity for networking among leaders of Montana’s leading businesses and industries. With 28 teams participating in the tournament, nearly filling the Big Sky course, this year’s event was the most successful to date.
The top placing teams in this year’s golf tournament included Wasson Ranch, Green Mountain Angus Ranch and Wortman Construction.
Thursday night’s gala dinner, sponsored by BNSF and CHS, Inc., featured specialty cut T-Bone Steaks from cattle raised by Fred Wacker’s Cross Four Ranch in Miles City and provided by Open Prairie Natural Angus Beef.
A Calcutta auction raised $14,700 with a payout of 35:20:10 to 1st, 2nd and 3rd place teams, respectively. The remaining dollars go to support MSGA’s Foundation programs in the areas of youth, education and leadership in Montana’s ranching communities.
Friday morning kicked off with a Welcome Brunch, featuring a great spread sponsored by Wipfli-Galusha, Higgins and Galusha. Teams then teed off for a shotgun start and played all 18 holes at the Big Sky Golf Course. An awards reception, sponsored by MSU Alumni Foundation, concluded the day’s events, recognizing individual hole and tournament winners.
Montana Stockgrowers’ Research and Education Endowment Foundation wants to thank all sponsors and teams who showed up in support of this year’s T-Bone Classic. Pencil in the date for the 2016 T-Bone Classic, August 25 & 26 in Big Sky! To reserve your team’s spot in next year’s tournament, fill out the form provided below or click here to open the form in a new window.
To view photos of this year’s T-Bone Classic events and golf teams, visit the Montana Stockgrowers Association Facebook page.
Teams participating in the golf tournament included: 3C Cattle Co, American Angus Association, Anderson Zurmeuhlen, Big Muddy Bancorp, Inc., BNSF, Boehringer Ingelheim, Cross 4 Ranch, Ehlke Herefords, Erickson Financial Strategies, First West Insurance, Frontline Ag Solutions, Grande Ranch Co., Green Mountain Angus Ranch, Independence Bank, IX Ranch Co., Jones/Haughian, LaSalle Ranch, Lund Law/Yellowstone Cellars, Montana Land Reliance, MSGA Board of Directors, MSU Extension, Northwest Farm Credit Services, Open Prairie Natural Angus, TransCanada Corporation, Waddell & Reed, Wasson Ranch, WIPFLI LLP, Wortman Construction.
Individual hole winners received cash prizes in the tournament and included:
- Long Putt at Hole 1 – Don Rehm, Cross Four Ranch
- Long Drive at Hole 2 – Mike Kellam, LaSalle Ranch
- Closest to Pin at Hole 3 – Gary Adams, Waddell & Reed
- Closest in Two at Hole 4 – Tim Todd, Green Mountain Angus Ranch
- Long Drive at Hole 5 – Jane’a Ehlke, Ehlke Herefords
- Long Drive at Hole 6 – Mike Kellam, LaSalle Ranch
- Closest in Two at Hole 7 – Mike Kellam, LaSalle Ranch
- Hole in One at Hole 8 – No winner
- Long Putt at Hole 9 – Nate Baltrusch, Independence Bank
- Long Putt at Hole 10 – Jack Holden, MSGA Board of Directors
- Long Drive at Hole 11 – Ben Erikson, Erickson Financial Strategies
- Closest in Two at Hole 12 – Lance Wasson, Wasson Ranch
- Closest to Pin at Hole 13 – Jeremy Wortman, Wortman Construction
- Closest in Two at Hole 14 – Don Ravellette, Green Mountain Angus Ranch
- Long Drive at Hole 15 – Barry Barker, Grande Ranch Company
- Closest in Two at Hole 16 – Jeff Bader, MSU Extension
- Closest to Pin at Hole 17 – Roxanne Berg, American Angus Association
- Long Putt at Hole 18 – Lee Daniels, Waddell & Reed