MSGA Announces Producer Profitability Listening Sessions; Invites Livestock Producers to Share Ideas
The Montana Stockgrowers Association (MSGA) will be hosting a slate of listening sessions throughout the spring to seek input and ideas from producers on areas where the American livestock industry can be strengthened. The listening sessions are part of the organization’s Producer Profitability Initiative, a grassroots movement started and led by cattle ranchers who have a vision to create a sustainable future for the American livestock industry. All livestock producers are invited to attend, attendees do not need to be MSGA members. Listening sessions will be held in partnership with livestock markets throughout Montana from February through May.
“The livestock industry has an opportunity to come together with one another like never before. There are many issues that affect ranchers, and at the end of the day we can agree that keeping land in production agriculture and our industry strong and vibrant for generations to come is something we can all rally around,”
shared Lesley Robinson, MSGA Vice President and chair of the Producer Profitability Initiative task force.
The Producer Profitability Initiative encourages participation from beef producers of all ages, management styles, operations large and small, feedlot operators, affiliate businesses, private property owners, and supporters of the livestock industry whose livelihood and identity are tied to ranching and whose focus is to ensure the sustainability of the American livestock industry while providing security for the domestic food supply.
The following listening sessions have been scheduled:
- Tuesday, February 27 at Public Auction Yards in Billings at 5:00 p.m.
- Tuesday, March 5 at Headwaters Livestock Auction in Three Forks at 5:00 p.m.
- Monday, March 11 at Dillon Livestock Auction in Dillon at 5:00 p.m.
- Monday, March 18 at Lewistown Livestock Auction in Lewistown at 5:00 p.m.
- Wednesday, April 10 at Glendive Livestock Exchange in Glendive at 5:00 p.m.
- Thursday, April 11 at Miles City Livestock Commission in Miles City at 5:00 p.m.
- Monday, April 22 at Bear Paw Livestock in Chinook after the day’s sale.
- Monday April 29 at Five Valleys Livestock Auction in Missoula at 5:00 p.m.
- Thursday, May 9 at Western Livestock Auction in Great Falls at 5:00 p.m.
Additional dates will be added in the coming weeks, visit www.mtbeef.org/profitability for the most current schedule.
Earlier this month, MSGA released its Producer Profitability Initiative brief that highlighted five initial focus areas – creating a favorable tax climate, improving government programs, minimizing barriers to entry for young or beginning livestock producers, finding solutions for labor challenges, and developing industry mentorship opportunities.
For additional information on MSGA’s Producer Profitability Initiative listening sessions, contact MSGA at (406) 442-3420 or a local livestock market.