HELENA, Mont. (July 18, 2023) – Montana Stockgrowers Association (MSGA) has opened internship applications for the 2023 Annual Convention that will be held December 6-8, 2023 in Billings, Mont. The program was created to provide students with a hands-on experience of the various facets of association event planning and execution, policy development, social media engagement and coverage. Multiple applicants may be accepted as interns during the event.
“Last year, MSGA launched our convention internship program and we had phenomenal results from both the student and MSGA sides. The future is bright in the cattle industry and we are excited to offer this opportunity for students again this year.”shared Raylee Honeycutt, MSGA Executive Vice President
MSGA’s Annual Convention and Trade Show is one of two meetings held each year that brings MSGA membership together to set association policy and provide member education. Hosted in Billings, Mont., MSGA’s Annual Convention boasts the state’s largest ranching industry trade show, stockgrowers colleges, policy meetings, guest speakers, and some of the best networking opportunities around.
Successful applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Applicants must have at least a 2.5 GPA
- Applicants should be an undergraduate college student at a sophomore, junior, or senior level at the time of application submission
- An agricultural, public policy, or event management degree program is preferred but not required
- Applicants should possess excellent communication skills with a strong work ethic
- Applicants should be US residents
- Applicants must be available to work the entire length of the Montana Stockgrowers Association Annual Convention and Trade Show
Interns will receive lodging during the duration of the internship and a stipend to assist with travel. Applicants will be accepted from July 17, 2023 through September 15, 2023. Selected applicants will be notified by October 1, 2023. For more information, please visit the MSGA Careers Page or contact the MSGA office at (406) 442-3420.
The Montana Stockgrowers Association is a grassroots membership organization and is the trusted voice of cattle ranchers. With over 135 years of history, MSGA advocates and ensures cattle ranching remains relevant, safe and a sustainable way of life for generations to come.
Director of Marketing & Communications
To view more MSGA news, visit https://mtbeef.org/news/